Image Map

Wednesday 10 October 2018

If I Can Just {World Mental Health Day 2018}

If I can just get through today 


If I can just brush my teeth, wash my face or get dressed
If I can just make a cup of tea, eat a sandwich or think about dinner
If I can just put the washing on, sweep the floor or make the beds
If I can just find my phone, get organised or write a to do list
If I can just get everyone in the car, keep my cool and be patient 
If I can just be a better wife, friend and mother 

If I can just find some energy, eat healthier or lose 10lbs 
If I can just sleep, feel pretty or smile 
If I can just be like them, get it together and put on a show
If I can just clear my head, think and breathe 
If I can just get out of bed, out of the house and not cry 
If I can just rest, recuperate and not feel sick with anxiety

If I can just be grateful, look forward and find the time
If I can just appreciate beauty, slow down and enjoy the moment 
If I can just recognise, accept and love myself 
If I can just forget perfect, accept the bad days and laugh
If I can just reach out, be accepted and not judged 
If I can just find someone who understands, will listen and support

If I can just get through today, maybe tomorrow will be better


 photo elliesig_zps47aabffe.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment